Since 2009, having as primary aim customer satisfaction, protection of the environment and promotion of alternative cultivation practices of the Greek crops, 3alfa has established a team of producers that applies Certified Procedures according to the Integrated Management System (IMS*) in the Agricultural Production of pulses and rice. This system is based in rational agricultural practices that respect the environment, protect the producer’s/farmer’s health and provide healthy and safe products to the customer.
Starting with the selection of land and crop, the experienced scientific personnel of 3alfa selects the appropriate seeds according to the soil and climate conditions. During the production procedure, the producers follow certified Integrated Management Practices aiming at the protection of the environment and product safety. After the harvest, the products are processed in the 3alfa plant where the Certified Food Quality & Safety system is applied.
The 3alfa producer team cultivates Greek rice and pulses in the following regions:
- Kavala: Medium and Large Beans
- Serres: Large chickpeas and Medium Grain Rice from Serres
- Thessaloniki: Medium Beans, Round grain rice, Long grain rice
- Macedonia: Round grain rice, Long grain rice, Yellow rice
- Kastoria: Giant beans and small lentils
- Larissa: Small lentils, Large chickpeas and wheat
- Korinthia: Vetch (Fava)
BENEFITS FROM APPLYING AGRO 2.1 & 2.2& 2.2
The implementation of the Integrated Management System in primary production provides various benefits for the producer, the companies processing/customizing products as well as for the final consumer. The diverse benefits and advantages steaming from the implementation of the system are the following: The implementation of the Integrated Management System in primary production provides various benefits for the producer, the companies processing/customizing products as well as for the final consumer.
The diverse benefits and advantages steaming from the implementation of the system are the following:
Α) For the producer
- Reduction of additives used in agriculture.
- Creation of an added value and competitive advantage for the final agricultural product thanks to it being different from the common products.
- Product safety assurance for the entire crop.
- Protection of the producer’s physical health through special training on rational use of phytoprotective products and the use of protective equipment.
Β) For the company processing/customizing the agricultural products
- Purchase of safe agricultural material – certified raw materials.
- Codified and identifiable agricultural products that allow instant identification of the producer’s name, origin of the crop and as well as all the agricultural practices followed.
- Implementation of the quality assurance system in order to attain the market quality standards.
- Assurance of stable supplies certified with specific quality standards.
- Establishment of an added value of the final product- easier access in new and more demanding markets.
C) For the consumer
The biggest advantage for the consumer is that he buys a safe product without chemical residues, pesticides or fertilizers. Moreover, via the traceability system, each consumer can identify the origin of the product and to be assured that every good is healthy and that it is a result of an environmentally friendly production process.
Since 2010, 3alfa collaborates with “PELEKANOS”, Beans producers farming cooperative of Prespes National Park, which in turn has been included in the Certified Company and User of the PDO/PGI indications Register of Agrocert established by the Ministry of Agricultural Development and Food and has been certified for the processing and distribution of the following products: