- Add olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, and cook until translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
Stir in garlic, ginger, tomatoes, and 1/2 cup water.
- Bring to a simmer, and cook until the water has evaporated,
about 10 minutes.
Add in the peas, carrot, potato, bell pepper, celery and
cauliflower and stir well.
- Add in the salt, cayenne, black pepper, garam masala,
turmeric, cumin and cinnamon, stirring well.
- Add in the vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Rinse basmati rice.
Add in the basmati rice, reduce to low heat and cook (covered) for 18-20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let sit, covered, for five minutes before opening and serving.